For any parents looking ahead to a final week of home schooling, here’s a fun cooking activity for kids of all ages. Follow along with The Good Plot’s own head chef Kate Allan as she prepares our simple, tasty and healthy cookies. They are vegan and gluten free, and baking them together will engage all your little ones’ senses as they engage with nourishing food.
View this post on Instagram
And here’s the recipe:
Ingredients: brown sugar, vegan spread, gluten free flour, baking soda, oats, coconut, cranberries, coconut milk, muscovado sugar
• Take some brown sugar and vegan spread, and quickly mix together
• Take some gluten free flour, baking soda, oats, coconut and cranberries, mix together and add to the sugar and vegan spread. Make sure to add two tablespoons of coconut milk to add to the flour.
• Once this is all mixed together, let the mix rest for 10-20 minutes in the fridge. Then start to shape the cookies to your desired size.
• After leaving for 10-20 minutes, use a measuring spoon and place on a tray with a little baking paper. Leave space between each cookie as they will expand.
• Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 175 degrees. Remove, sprinkle some muscovado sugar on each and enjoy with a cup of tea!